Native Arts and Fashion Academy was formed on the 15th of August 2017 as a development initiative of Guru Foundations Inc. It endeavours to promote Arts, Culture and Fashion in Papua New Guinea. In other words, NAFA provides a platform for youngsters to progress their careers responsibly in the field of Arts and Fashion.
The NAFA Group is an educational initiative of our foundation which focuses on imparting education in the respective fields. The is initiative specifically provides for the engagement of youngsters who are not able to get through the normal education system but have a passion for arts and improvement in their artistic talents. Hence NAFA Group at present provides Certificate Level programs to its students. In due course, NAFA Group will also affiliate and offer courses at Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Degree levels in all the arts. This provides an alternative career pathway for our youngsters to excel and focus on their lives
To be a beacon of artistic endeavour. NAFA inspires, educates and produces exceptional artists.
To transform enthusiastic students to professionals and creative and disciplined artists of exemplary moral and character by providing art education steeped into traditional values of Papua New Guinea.
In the NAFA Group, we have a school of Music called Music Masters of PNG (MMPNG), Paradise Dance Academy (PDA) for dancing, Gejah Academy for Multiple Martial Arts (GAMMA) that focuses on mastering the art of Taekwondo & Boxing and Native Arts and Fashion Academy focusing on Fashion Designing, Modelling and Photography.
- To promote arts education of high standards so as to foster the creative and innovative capacity of students and to cultivate a new generation of creatives
- To stimulate research practice in art education.
- To facilitate collaboration between the community organizations, philanthropic agencies and foundations as partners to the school for a variety of arts and cultural projects.
- To foster and enhance the knowledge and understanding of diverse cultural and artistic expressions.
- To recognize and develop the social and cultural well-being of arts education through traditional arts experience, conservation of Papua New Guinea heritage and identity, thereby promoting cultural diversity.
The institution upholds the following values as a guideline to its operation
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Commitment to excellence
- Respect for others